Youtube Ads are awesome.
They can be an incredibly powerful tool to help you gain new subscribers and find new leads. Of course, as digital marketing agency in Mumbai says that you need to understand what is an ad, why it’s important, and how you can use them to create a powerful marketing campaign for your business.
In this blog we will see some of the best ways to use Youtube Ads for your business.
So let’s get started.
What are Youtube ads?
A video ad is a short (15-30 second) commercial message that appears before or during another video on YouTube. If you’ve ever watched a movie trailer before the film started, you’ve seen one type of video ad in action.
As Digital marketing company in Mumbai will tell you that few years ago, advertisers could only pay for ads to appear before specific videos that met certain criteria, like keywords in their title or description. Today’s advertisers have access to more advanced targeting tools like audience insights and custom placements that allow them to reach highly relevant audiences across YouTube and the web.
Youtube ads usually appear in two forms: pre-roll or mid-roll. Most videos will have both, but you’ll only see one or none at all in some cases.
Pre-roll ads play before a video starts playing and require viewers to watch 10 seconds before being able to skip it (unless they’ve been watching for long enough). These can be highly effective for larger brands like Coca-Cola because they give viewers something entertaining to watch while they wait for their favorite content to appear on their screen.
Mid-roll ads play somewhere during a video after a viewer has watched some of it already but isn’t necessarily interested in seeing more – they’re basically meant to be less intrusive than pre-rolls because they don’t force viewers into watching an entire ad before getting what they came for (i.e., your content).
How much do youtube ads cost?
It depends on the type of ad you’re running and what kind of audience you’re targeting. But in general, it will cost anywhere from $0.10 per view to $10 per view.
A Digital agency in Mumbai will tell you that if you want to target a specific audience, such as people interested in sports or music, you can set up display campaigns that will show your video ads to those users based on their interests. Those campaigns can cost as little as $1 per view or as much as $10 per view, depending on how large your audience is and your targeting options. For example, if you have a small budget and want to reach people interested in sports but live in Brazil, there’s a good chance that none of them will see your video ad because there aren’t many people like that out there!
You can also buy search terms with YouTube ads, which means that when someone types certain words into Google Search (or any other search engine), they’ll see your ad at the top of the results page before they go to YouTube itself. Those campaigns can cost anywhere from $0.05 per click to $100+ per click, depending on what keywords you choose.
If you’re a regular viewer of YouTube and watch many videos, you’re probably already familiar with these “in-stream” ads.
When you watch a video, these spots are displayed on the right side of the screen (or on the left side if you’re watching a video in landscape mode). They’re typically 15 seconds long, and they have no skip buttons or countdown timers. Users can only dismiss these ads by clicking out of them before they’re done playing — otherwise, they’ll have to sit through them until the end of the entire commercial time.
While these ads can be annoying and take up precious space that could otherwise be used for your favorite cat videos, there’s one thing you may not realize about them: They cost money.
When advertisers pay to have their commercial time featured in a particular spot, YouTube splits that money between all the content creators featured during that time. Or in other words, anytime your favorite YouTuber watches an ad while watching a video, they get paid.
4 Types Of Youtube Ads: Which Is Best For You?
The best type of YouTube ad for any business is one that maximizes revenue and keeps your subscribers happy. A Digital marketing agency in Mumbai will tell you that there are four main types of ads you can use to increase your income on YouTube, and each one has different requirements and benefits depending on your target audience.
- Overlays ads – This is the original ad format that Youtube was founded upon. It uses text or graphics in an overlay effect where content continues normally behind the ad but can be clicked and then directs you directly to the website where the video is hosted. It’s both effective and cheap—one of the benefits being that even though it can be clicked away from after it loads if someone is watching your ad, they’re seeing your whole video, so they will not just “skip” through your presentation without seeing all of it.
- Display ads are the most common type of Youtube ads, and they are very similar to banner ads. They take up a small space at the bottom of the video, and they can be clicked on if someone wants more information about your product or service. These ads work best for brands already established themselves as popular within their niche. For example, if you sell electronics, you could use display ads within electronics videos because this would be where your potential customers would be looking anyway.
- Non-skippable video ads are traditional YouTube ads that play in between videos. They don’t pause the video or put up any overlay, but they make up half a third of all views on Youtube. The good news is that non-skippable ads don’t affect your video’s visibility or ability to get top results, so you can always skip them if you want to.
- Skippable video ads are promotional videos that pop up on certain pages and play before or after the video you’re watching. These sometimes appear as 30 seconds long, 60 seconds long, or even as longer skips of 40, 50, and even 100 seconds long—so it’s important to know how long the ad will be before you start watching your content. These ads also aren’t non-skippable, so if you want to avoid them altogether, try setting your ad preferences not to show them at all (or set them to skippable only).
How To Create Youtube Video Ads
Creating an ad for your YouTube channel can be a daunting task. There are many different types of ads and strategies to choose from, and each one has its pros and cons.
But before we dive into the details, let’s answer the question: why should you even bother creating video ads for your channel? The answer is simple. Video ads are more engaging than traditional text-based ads and can help you increase your audience size.
A digital marketing company will tell you that if you want to make sure that your video gets as many views as possible, it’s important to know how to create an effective YouTube ad. You need to think about what kind of content will be most appealing to your target audience and how it will affect their actions. One thing is certain, though – there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to creating the perfect YouTube ad campaign.
Here are some tips on how to make sure that your ads get noticed:
- Be creative – Use a camera and ask people to model your products or services. This will give you a good idea of what the product will look like and what the clothing looks like in real life to create a good-looking ad.
- Be original – Don’t try to copy other brands’ videos or formats because they will have already used this strategy – and not just once, but multiple times! Try doing something new instead; for example, if you sell clothing online, create a funny video where people try on different outfits with your products.
- Be relatable. Video ads that portray people in everyday situations tend to get more attention than those portraying celebrities or other famous faces. This is because viewers can relate to these videos more easily and feel like they could be part of the situation in some way. If your business sells products or services that people would use every day, then using everyday people in your video ads can help them connect with what you have to offer.
- Make them entertaining. Studies show that videos with good production values and a funny script get more views than ones without those qualities. To create a video in which you and your employees have fun acting out the product you’re advertising or having some silly fun with it. It doesn’t even have to be about the product – for example, if you make chocolate bars, try filming yourself giving out chocolate bars at Christmas as if it was any other gift. The best advert is always the one that stands out from the crowd – so let people know you’re different!
- Pick the right ad format. YouTube provides three different types of ads: in-stream ads, in-display ads, and bumper ads. In-stream ads play automatically when you watch a video on YouTube and are shown before or during the video content itself. In-display ads appear on the right side of the video player and can be clicked on or skipped after five seconds. Bumper ads are short video ads that appear before or after a video but do not play automatically or include sound unless the viewer chooses to activate them by clicking or tapping on them.
In-stream and in-display ads work well when you want people to see your ad immediately after watching a particular video (for example, if you want to promote a new product). Bumper ads work best when you want viewers to click through your website after watching their favorite videos (for example, if you want to increase brand awareness).
- Use Call To Actions. Including call-to-action buttons in your ads will help drive viewers directly to your site, where they can learn more about what you’re offering and purchase if they choose. For example, if you’re advertising a new website design service, consider adding a “hire me” button that leads viewers directly to your contact page, where they can fill out their contact information and request more information from you directly.
Tools for creating Youtube Advertisement
The first thing to know is that YouTube ads are different from traditional advertisements.
When creating a YouTube ad, you’re not just selling one product or service. You’re selling an entire brand. So, it’s important to create an ad that will help you stand out from the competition.
Several tools can help you create ads for Youtube. We have mentioned here some of the best for you:
- Adobe Premiere Pro – This is my personal favorite, as it allows me to create professional-looking ads from start to finish easily. It’s not the cheapest option, but it’s certainly one of the most powerful.
- VideoScribe – A relatively new tool that allows you to create compelling videos in just 3 minutes, with little or no experience. It’s great for beginners who want to try video marketing but aren’t quite ready for an Adobe Premier Pro subscription yet (which can run upwards of $20/month).
- Camtasia – This is another popular screen recording software that lets people record their screen and narrate over it with ease (similar to VideoScribe). Camtasia’s advantage over VideoScribe is its ability to record audio separately from your screen recording and sync up together later.
- Adobe Spark Video – This tool allows you to create video ads quickly and easily. It comes with stock footage and backgrounds, making it easy to create professional-looking videos without any editing knowledge whatsoever. The downside? It’s only available on desktop computers at this time.
- Wistia Video Editor – This online video editor is free and very powerful. If you know how to use Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro X, it will feel very familiar to you — except that it’s online instead of installed locally on your computer. The downside? It doesn’t currently have an option for adding text overlays or lower thirds like Adobe Spark Video does. If those features are important for your needs, I’d suggest using Adobe Spark Video or another tool such as After Effects.
In the end, Youtube advertising is an effective, low-cost way to get your business’ name in front of millions. It provides an opportunity to attract new customers and further engages with your existing ones, and there’s no cost to starting an account. No matter what aspect of your business you wish to advertise, you can develop a successful strategy with the right keywords and a creative approach. And that’s something no company should ignore. If you want to be a successful youtube, then you need to know what is youtube seo, so check out our blog youtube seo – a 2022 guide for beginners to succeed.