Post our previous blog giving you an overview of how we go about with becoming the leading Logo Design company in Mumbai, Thane, and Navi-Mumbai, here’s some insight into what we consider essential contents of a logo besides the thought process that goes into producing a logo apt to create your brand image.
The first need is to understand the dominating factor in the logo which decides the logo. While there is no science to define this, our experience as a leading Logo Design company in Mumbai and Thane, and Navi-Mumbai could explain a few types that we have dealt with in the past:
1. Letter Mark or Word Mark logos: In these types of logos, alphabets and words dominate the logo. With scores of modern logos going this way, these need no explanation. The next time when the top brands such as Google, Facebook, or Coca Cola cross your eyes, will definitely ring a bell.
2. Symbol: Unmistakeably, there would not be a better example of this type of logo than that of Apple. Recalling seeing this on the iPhone or iPad? If that doesn’t help, another major example is the logo on an Audi or BMW. Just a symbol.
3. Hybrid Mark: Getting the best of both worlds with words and symbols in them, these logos show off the brand in both words and graphically. KFC and Pizza Hut are the best examples in this space.
4. Position: The next factor to consider is where the logo is intended to be used ie. Is it generally digital media, outdoor, print, or other promotional material such as clothes, etc. The reason for the factor to have high importance is because while digital media can capture gradients, complex designs, and textures but printing even in its current advanced form does pose challenges with colors. Embroidery on clothes would only imply that the logo should be as simple as possible both In terms of color as well as design. Outdoor advertising would require factors to be considered in terms of colors eg. Will the logo colors be visible during night-time as well as daylight.
5. Font: The next equally important aspect to note is about the font to be used. Fonts play a pivotal role in portraying the personality of the brand. One way to put it is through an example that a corporate would need a formal font from that of a children play-school where you’d go more easily on the font and the design. That’s said, remember comic sans though liked by many is a strict no for any designer.
6. Colors: Colors tell your story more than any other factor in the logo. After all, every color has an interpretation of it and this has been tested scientifically for years. That said, once decided, one needs to consistent with the colors to the extent that the CMYK or RGB specs are instructed clearly at all times and there can be no compromises to accommodate different shades for any reason whatsoever. One can have pre-decided versions of the logo though to be used against different backgrounds or portions of the logo to be used in different media.
While there could be a list that follows, these are a few primary ones that we follow as a leading web development company in Thane and Logo Design Company in Mumbai, Thane, and Navi-Mumbai. Fairly, a good starter for those contemplating what a logo design should be like.
If you enjoyed reading the above blog and want to read about other such interesting topics related to digital marketing, or know more about the services of the leading Logo Design Company in Mumbai, Thane, and Navi-Mumbai feel free to check out our latest blogs on What is Digital Marketing? or The 4Ps of Digital Marketing.