As a leading Web Development Company in Mumbai, we know that websites with long or infinite scrolling are becoming more and more common, and hence with the help of this blog, we introduce our readers to this topic and how can one achieve the same.
What are Long-Scrolling Websites?
Websites that allow you to scroll down for a long period are known as long scrolling websites and have been around for a long time. One primary reason for their popularity is the user’s love for them. Long scrolling, single-page sites that scroll for eternity are becoming more and more common.
We are a leading organization specializing in customized Web Development Company in Mumbai, and we know that the long scrolling technique is a perfect match for modern web design. For all those who remember, at the beginning of the internet, scrolling was almost taboo. In the days past, websites were designed like newspapers were the most important content was meant to be at the top and was called being “above the fold”. It was thought that whatever was being shown on the first screen would influence the user.
In the present day, high-speed internet is everywhere and social media sites are using scrolling to showcase their never-ending user content. With the growing population of mobile phones and tablets, which are increasingly being used to browse the internet, scrolling did seem the right answer. The smaller screen restricted the amount of information that can be displayed at one time and also forced web designers to choose between scrolling and shrink-to-fit.
Being a leading Web Development Company in Mumbai, we make extensive use of scrolling on the websites we design for our clients. Mobile screens also offer better control and accuracy while scrolling and there is also a sense of instant gratification for the user.
- Encourage your users to scroll
- Keep your Navigation options persistent
- Make sure the back button always works properly
- Change the URL based on the scrolling position
- Consider jump-to as an option
- Provide visual feedback when loading new content
- Optimize your page load time
Long-scrolling websites have established itself as an integral part of the internet. As a brand, you can present different kinds of content and offers to your users, and these users have found great interest in these websites. As a top-notch Web Development Company in Mumbai, we provide you with the following set of pros and cons.
- With the assistance of a long-scrolling website, you can achieve interactive storytelling.
- It helps you get a low bounce rate.
- With the help of this website, one can have higher immersions.
- The use of a long-scrolling website sometimes causes various challenges in SEO.
- It is usually hard to measure.
- Content over such a website is usually difficult to set up.
- It has complicated cross-browser testing.
According to any top provider of Web Development Company in Mumbai, this should be a good start for many of the users who have started researching how one can start their website. We assure you to go into further depth in our future blogs such as The Difference Between Web Development and Web Designing or The Importance of Using Split Screen Designs for Websites to learn about more exciting topics.
Great content. Do keep posting