It is the aim of every leading provider of SEO services in Mumbai to help their clients improve their website ranking. With the help of this blog, we explain the difference and similarities between 2 Major Search Engines: Google and Bing, and how one can take advantage of these properties to rank better.
While the basics of Search Engine Optimization apply to both, optimizing for Bing & Google needs a slightly different approach. By understanding the differences between these leading search engines, planning the Search Engine Optimization campaign can become easier and more effective too.
Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. It is undoubtedly the leading search engine today and is a highly preferred search engine and is synonymous with the term “search”. A research conducted in February of this month, it was seen that Google has about 64.5% search market share in the US. Both Google and Bing are the market leaders for advertising however the authority and market share of Google is what makes the number 1 search engine.
Bing was launched in 2009. Bing is a Microsoft search engine, that was previously known as MSN Search, Windows Live Search, and Live Search. Bing, positions itself at No.2 with around 32.6% search market share of the US. It provides a variety of search services that include the web, video, image, and other map search products.
Both search engines are similar in many ways but there are quite a few dissimilarities that stand out prominently. We are the top providers of SEO services in Mumbai, Thane, and Navi-Mumbai and we understand the key differences between Google and Bing. This helps us to design the appropriate SEO campaign and channelize our effort in a focused manner. Let’s take a peek briefly at various SEO similarities & differences between them:
1. Similarities: Both of these search engines have a lot of similarities, let us take a look at each of these:
• Links: High-Quality links garner equal importance in Google and Bing and hold balanced weight in both the search engines.
• Paid Search: This works the same in both, Google and Bing, but it is only a hired space for your website and not a permanent home.
• Local Search Results: Optimisation and Page content needs keywords based on geographical locations to succeed in local results.
Google & Bing evaluate websites differently and these differences are both, glaring and subtle. They are:
• Identical Keywords: Google’s algorithm identifies synonyms and recognizes the context of a particular keyword, which allows you to play with words and creativity a bit. Bing needs exact keywords which could be a slight deterrent.
• Twin meaning queries: If there is a keyword with two meanings, Google will rank the most popular website while Bing will provide local results first.
• Flash Content: Google does not understand flash websites so does not crawl them which Bing crawls them easily and gives the necessary credit.
By studying the similarities and differences, we, as leading providers of SEO services in Mumbai, Thane, and Navi-Mumbai, have created highly successful Search Engine Optimization campaigns for our clients and given them the edge over the competition. We make sure that the above-mentioned properties are always taken into consideration while we manage our campaigns for the clients. You too can evaluate each these search engines carefully and improve your campaigns, thus improving your ranking.
If you enjoyed reading the above blog and would like to indulge yourself into more such interesting reads related to Digital Marketing or would want to know more about the services of the leading providers of SEO services in Mumbai, Thane, and Navi-Mumbai feel free to check out our latest blogs on What is Digital Marketing? or The 4Ps of Digital Marketing.