Google is undoubtedly the leading search engine today while Bing, yet in a nascent stage, positions itself at No.2 with around 30% market share. Google is a highly preferred search engine and is synonymous with the term “search”. Both search engines are similar in many ways but there are quite a few dissimilarities that stand out prominently. While the basics of Search Engine Optimisation are applicable to both, optimising for Bing & Google needs a slightly different approach. By understanding the differences between these leading search engines, planning the SEO campaign can become easier and more effective too.
We are the top providers of SEO services in Mumbai and we understand the key differences between Google and Bing. This helps us to design the appropriate SEO campaign and channelise our effort in a focused manner. Let’s take a peek briefly at various SEO similarities & differences between them:
• Links: High Quality links garner equal importance in Google and Bing and hold balanced weight in both the search engines.
• Paid Search: This works the same in both, Google and Bing, but it is only a hired space for your website and not a permanent home.
• Local Search Results: Optimisation and Page content needs keywords based on the geographical locations to succeed in local results.
Google & Bing evaluate websites differently and these difference are both, glaring and subtle. They are:
• Identical Keywords: Google’s algorithm identifies synonyms and recognises the context of a particular keyword, which allows you to play with words and creativity a bit. Bing needs exact keywords which could be a slight deterrent.
• Twin meaning queries: If there is a keyword with two meanings, Google will rank the most popular website while Bing will provide local results first.
• Flash Content: Google does not understand flash websites so does not crawl them which Bing crawls them easily and gives the necessary credit.
By studying the similarities and difference, we, as a top-notch social media marketing company in Mumbai, have created highly successful SEO campaigns for our clients and given them the edge over competition.