As a leading Web Development Company in Mumbai, Thane, and Navi-Mumbai, we know the role a website and web development plays in your organization, and hence with the help of this blog, we introduce our readers to Ruby on Rails 5 and how they help you boost the web development of your organization.
It took many weeks of deliberations and discussions, followed by three beta releases, to finally release Ruby on Rails 5 and was a huge release from the Ruby on Rails community, considering that it came after a gap of three years after Ruby on Rails 4.2 was released. This was about six months ago and the excitement of its highly impressive features and distinctive modifications is yet to die down.
If you are not too familiar with Ruby on Rails, here goes a tiny brief from a leading customized web development company in Mumbai like us. Ruby on Rails is a 10-year-old web development framework. Companies like GitHub, Airbnb, and Hulu have used this versatile framework to run their websites.
Rails, as it is commonly known as, is a powerful framework and is highly capable of managing any number of tasks simultaneously without any hassle. It is a web developer’s dream framework due to its easy-to-learn quality and features that help to build apps, apart from the fact that it is fun to use. So what’s new?
As a leading Web Development Company in Mumbai, we define the most important changes that Rails 5 has incorporated which maybe, big and small.
- Rails make use of Puma as its default web server, replacing Webrick
- Rails now have a brand new welcome screen and logo which is seen when you create your first app
- It now has fresh built-in helper modes like “on_weekend” or “on_weekday” to check if a particular day falls on a weekend or a weekday.
- The upgraded Turbolinks 5 is touted to load pages at higher speeds
We are one of the Web Development Company in Mumbai and are excited to see these changes too. Did we tell you that ActionCable adds many fresh features to Rails like Websockets which in keeping open connections between the server and the user? It helps developers to transmit data from the Rails server to all connected users and update all that is visible in their
Let us understand the importance of Ruby on Rails 5 with the help of this list of pros and cons:
- It is a great way to check if one enjoys coding in Ruby on Rails as either their hobby or as a career. If you don’t enjoy it, it is probably a big sign that you may not continue it any further.
- One can learn this on their own pace and in their own time. You do not need a school or college to learn the same. You can study it when it’s convenient for you and set your own goals.
- It won’t cost you anything.
- You’re on your own in this. Unlike other kinds of learning, with a free online class in this, you won’t be supported by a teacher or mentor in your learning.
- It is unlikely you’ll be able to acquire all the necessary skills to feel confident in applying for jobs in development.
According to any top provider of Web Development Company in Mumbai, this should be a good start for many of the users who have started researching how one can start their website. We assure you to go into further depth in our future blogs such as The Difference Between Web Development and Web Designing or The Importance of Using Split Screen Designs for Websites to learn about more exciting topics.