It doesn’t matter if you are an individual or a large company, a positive perception of the brand is a common goal for all businesses. The final verdict of any brand is based on its clients.
The digital marketing company in Singapore says brand perception is a key measure of how your clients are able to be able to connect with your brand. What are their thoughts and thoughts whenever they imagine your brand? Are they familiar with your services or products?
Take a look at these important facts:
- Accenture’s survey finds the fact that 66% of consumers appreciate transparency as among the top desirable attributes of an organization.
- The research of Stackla highlights the reality that 86% of users seek out authenticity from brands before they endorse an organization.
- According to a PWC study that 63% of consumers want a positive customer experience prior to making a purchase.
Do you want to be able you can live up to what is expected of your clients such as the stats above? This blog will cover every aspect of how to improve the perception of your brand.
What is brand Perception?
Brand perception is about how customers perceive your brand. What are their thoughts when they consider your services and products? Are they likely to recommend your company’s name to friends and relatives? Do they consider you an industry expert? And more.
The process of building brand recognition requires years of dedication. It is essential to put yourself in the mindset of your customers, comprehend their needs and then provide them with the right solution. It is best illustrated by using McDonald’s story of growth.
McDonald’s reported an increase in sales of 5.5 percent in the fourth quarter of the year. The former McDonald’s CEO, Steve Easterbrook confirms that brand perception is a factor that helped the company grow in the fourth quarter of 2018.
There are many methods to build an image that can improve your image and boost the growth of your organization. Let’s explore the various forms of perceptions about brands in the following section.
Different kinds of Brand Perception
How do you increase brand perception? In order to understand this, you must be aware of the various channels that affect the perception of your brand. The consumer will look at various aspects of your business, like quality values, website responsiveness values, responsiveness, and so on, to make a judgment about your brand.
- Qualitative: Excellent quality is the primary reason that your customers get a good impression of your company’s image. If they can comprehend or use your services without difficulty and are not hesitant about switching to a competitor. They will even suggest your product or service to their acquaintances or relatives.
We’ll take a look at the famous brand of coffee, Starbucks. It is an extremely sought-after brand due to the quality and authenticity that its coffee. This is why Fortune Magazine has rated Starbucks as the sixth most sought-after company.
- Imagery Visual Imagery: There are some brands that consider creating a positive brand image by evoking all five senses. This can be in advertisements or catchy music, appealing visuals, and more.
For example, the well-known brand Nike utilizes the effectiveness of marketing via Instagram to create inspiring posts. These posts contain powerful photos and hashtags.
- Content creation: A well-crafted content creation strategy is an effective method to build a positive perception of your brand. High-quality content, such as extensive blogs and e-books makes you stand out from the competition as a thought leader. People look at your brand for guidance on important product-related issues.
Consider, for instance, TED talks that are inspirational talks given by experts, business executive writers, authors, and more all over the world. Their content strategy is focused on highlighting important issues all over the world.
Through this the content they publish appeals to everyone from different walks of life. Once you’ve mastered the different types of perceptions about brands. Let’s find out how to answer the query: “Why is the importance of brand perception? What is the significance of brand perception?
Benefits of a Brand with a Strong Image Perception
Studies show that, on average, 59% of customers purchase new items from trusted brands. Thus, creating a favorable image of your brand has many benefits, including an increase in customer loyalty, the capacity to stand up to the competition, and much more. Below mentioned are some benefits shared by one of the best digital marketing agency Singapore.
- Simple introduction of New Services and Products: If you plan to introduce a new product or service, it’s essential to establish a solid foundation on which to build the marketplace. If your clients aren’t comfortable with your values or what you have to offer and your services, they may be reluctant to buy your goods. Therefore having a positive brand image can make it easier to promote your new products.
- Competitive Edge on the Market: When your clients are pleased with the superior quality of your products and services they will be loyal to your name.
It is interesting to note that research suggests that a current client spends 67% more during the initial 31st-36th month of their affiliation with a brand when compared to their minuscule purchase within the first six months.
- Greater Customer Trust: Keeping the trust of your customers is essential in today’s competitive market. Customers have a variety of options in the market. It is essential to offer distinct services and be at the forefront of solving their issues. This will be the deciding factor that makes them trust you more than your competition.
- Improved Brand Equity: It’s the social value that your company’s brand has. If you’re able to advertise and sell your goods using only your brand name, then your brand equity is at a high level.
Brand perception is an important aspect of brand equity, and helps make certain that customers are confident in your products and see them as genuine. In the next part, let’s look at the various examples of brand perception by using case studies of famous brands.
Brand Perception Case Research
Different industries employ various strategies to establish an image of a brand that is positive. Certain industries rely on the effectiveness of social media marketing while others prefer to create content that revolves around specific topics for the industry. Let’s look at the example of three major industries: automotive software, e-commerce, and automobile.
● Automotive industry SKODA
In recent times marketers are turning to digital storytelling techniques to create an image for their automobile brand. When you share your brand’s stories via social media platforms you will be able to create an immediate connection with your public.
Because stories can be relatable and address the feelings of your customers. As an example, consider the example of SKODA which is a Czech automobile manufacturer established in 1895, which makes use of interactive catalogs of car models.
The clients get a personalized feeling and touch of their vehicle. It is interesting to note that there is 360-degree views of the exterior and interior of the vehicle models. Furthermore, you can also give the catalogs to family and friends to get their comments.
- E-Commerce Industry – AMAZON
Amazon is among most names that come to mind as we consider e-commerce and retail sales. When it was first established around 1994 Jeff Bezos, the founder, focused on only 20 areas to serve the customers.
In the past, Amazon made use of strategies for positioning its brands to stay ahead of the competition. Presently, Amazon offers an interesting collection that includes more than 12 million products across all segments (source).
Additionally, its strategies for focusing on customers include prime membership that provides exclusive benefits for customers who are loyal like fast delivery, affordable prices, and more.
● Software Industry – Microsoft
Innovation helps your company stand out from the crowd and generates a distinctive style of branding. That’s precisely what Microsoft is currently doing. As a leading software firm, Microsoft is relying on its empowerment strategy to establish an entirely new image of the brand.
Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Satya Nadella believes that technology must be available to everyone and should be interoperable across various platforms. The integration of Windows together with Android and iOS and enhancement of virtual reality and the creation Azure cloud computing platform is an example of this.
Let’s now address the most important issue. How do you measure the perception of your brand? Next, we’ll learn about the methods of measuring the perception of brands across various industries.
How can you assess your brand’s Perception?
The perception of your brand requires an extensive amount of time and effort to understand your customers by contacting them via surveys, keeping a watch on the reviews on their websites, communicating with them through social media and the list goes on. Let’s look at the various aspects of this in depth.
1. Be aware of the traffic on your website
How many visitors visit your website every day? Which are your most frequently visited pages? What is the typical time spent by your visitors per page? Does the bounce rate seem to be greater or less? Answering these questions will be the initial step to understanding the perception of your audience and your company’s image.
In this regard, you must look out for traffic coming from two sources that are organic and non-organic.
- Organic traffic happens when users have had an earlier encounter with your brand and then search for your product or services.
- They may have received a favorable recommendation of your company from acquaintances or family members. In any case, this kind of natural branding is based on trust, authenticity, and confidence.
- Inorganic traffic relies on advertisements and methods to market to your intended group of customers. In comparison to organic traffic production, this can be expensive.
There are a variety of tools such as Google Analytics and Visitor Analytics that provide you with a complete analysis of the traffic on your site. After analyzing the report you can see the patterns of how your business is performing over a certain period of time. Additionally, you can examine your performance against your competitors to see the position you are in on the market.
2. Join Google Alerts
Google Alerts is among the most effective ways to track the prominence of your company’s name on the internet. It is essential to stay informed to the latest developments within your industry to plan your strategy for your brand.
You should also be aware of the activities of your competitors for a better position in the marketplace: Marketing strategies and customer outreach programs keywords and more. Google Alerts help you track all of these easily.
How to sign up and get the benefits from Google Alerts:
- Go to the URL http://www.google.com/alerts/: Either sign in to your Gmail account or directly go to the URL.
- Input the keywords and phrases related to your brand, blog, your product page, and so on.
- Include terms related to your competition. This might be the brand’s name or their product of a specific niche.
- Keep track of your industry’s developments by writing down specific terms that are relevant to your business.
- Select what frequency you want to receive a notification you receive it daily at least once a week or every two weeks.
- You can opt to receive the email via your Gmail or another mail address.
3. Conduct brand perception surveys
A lot of brand strategy firms employ surveys on brand perception to collect feedback from their customers. By being aware of their views and opinions you can determine how your image is perceived by customers and non-customers alike.
- Can they relate to your brand’s values?
- Do they recall you as the first when they’re looking for a service or product?
- Are they pleased with their experience of your company?
When conducting a brand perception survey, be sure that you consider all stakeholders such as current customers, former customers, employees, potential customers
When you design an online survey for your brand, make sure that it is centered around things like:
- You can ask questions in surveys about the feelings of customers when they consider your brand. For instance, “How do you feel about our brand?”
- Questions on NPS (Net Promoter Score) questions are an excellent method to gauge your customers’ satisfaction on a scale of (0-10). It is based on one question “How likely are you to recommend our brand to your family and friends?”
- Questions from competitors help you comprehend how your company’s image is perceived by your competition. For instance, you can inquire, “What is your preferred brand?”
4. Be on the lookout for Brand Focus Groups and Forums
Forums and focus groups for brands are comprised of particular customers who have thoroughly tried and evaluated your products or services.
They are therefore better placed to provide an authentic and valuable opinion on your company’s brand. Based on the research carried out by ESOMAR, $2.2 billion worldwide was invested in conducting focus groups in 2017.
For instance, Disney has a focused group that focuses on preschoolers and younger children. This new concept lets Disney know:
- Which characters are loved by the younger crowd?
- Disney also collects feedback on its television and movies.
- Learn about their brand’s perception through direct interaction with their intended audience.
On the other hand forums for discussion like Quora, Reddit, and ProductHunt are frequented by millions of users each day. Your company could drive pertinent discussion on forums regarding your brand’s perception, such as how good your products are, the way it is different from that of your rival, and so on.
5. Monitor Your Social Media Interaction
Did you be aware that the use of social media is increasing year after year? So, you can’t afford to ignore the massive amount of user opinions about social media. What frequency do you post via social networking sites? What is the level of engagement on your page? Are you constantly increasing your followers? Your answer will determine how your brand is perceived via social media.
If you are consistent with your posting and interact with your followers, you’re setting the stage for a positive image of your brand. People are looking for various aspects of brands on social media platforms: the customer experience or announcements of new products and more. If you can deliver this on a consistent basis, the perception of your brand will be positive.
- Review Online Reviews about Your Brand
Did you consider it is 93% of customers are influenced by recommendations for products from those they know, like relatives or friends? In an average nine out of ten consumers go to review websites to build trust in a company. So, looking up reviews online about your business will provide you with and the knowledge of how you rank against your competitors.
7. Establish the USP (unique selling proposition) of your brand (USP)
When you promote your brand’s USP of your company and you are able to gain a distinct advantage in comparison to your rivals. There may be one or more USPs. But, it is important to begin by conducting market research as to what is appealing to your customers the most. In the end, you will be able to position your USP in a unique way to create a distinctive image of your brand.
Let’s look at the strategies of famous brands for advertising their USPs:
(a) Taylor Stitch, is a clothing business that depends on crowdfunding to create new products. To enable this unusual business method to be accepted, Taylor Stitch has made it an integral component of its USP and its branding.
With this smart decision, Taylor Stitch has been successfully able to convince its clients about the benefits of crowdfunding. Additionally, Taylor Stitch could outwit its rivals in the apparel business.
(b) Beard brand is a firm that has created an innovative approach to the field of fashion. When traditional fashion companies depend on altering the natural skin’s properties, the Beard brand vouchers for maintaining the natural chemistry of one’s skin. Beard brand’s USP is to say no to products that are artificially derived from the skin.
Through a thorough analysis of brand perception, we can know what the meaning of brand perception is to marketers.
Understanding what people think about your brand is a crucial element of creating the foundation for a successful business. It provides you with the data you need to develop your brand’s identity, design powerful marketing campaigns, and adjust your strategy when perceptions change.
Once you’ve learned how to gauge the perception of your brand and perception, you can utilize it to make brand-related decisions and propel your business ahead. Check our previous blog 18 Best Graphic Design Software Tools Of 2022.